It’s tough finding the right School and then sorting through all the different types of Yoga Teacher Training programs. We get it! Here’s a list of important questions that any professional and reputable Yoga School should be able to answer quickly and easily. Whether you are researching an immersion/residential program or your local studio, these questions are relevant and will provide you with great insight!
Finding a Yoga Teacher Training that fits you is critical for a transformative yogic and spiritual journey. We hope you find this helpful and useful in guiding you! Send us a note on our contact page and tell us what you think.
Top 20 Questions to ask a Yoga School.
- How many teachers will teach me?
- Is there one teacher who is primary?
- How long have they been teaching yoga?
- How long have they been teaching other people how to teach yoga?
- How would you describe the style of yoga I’ll be learning?
- How would you describe the philosophy I’ll be learning? How will it be taught?
- How will the anatomy and physiology be taught and by whom?
- What is their training in anatomy and physiology, and what is their background in teaching it as it relates to yoga?
- How many students has your faculty trained to become yoga teachers?
- What’s the student to teacher ratio?
- How will I be learning during classroom sessions?
- How are the group dynamics managed and by whom?
- How many years of experience does your faculty have teaching other people how to teach yoga?
- Where did your faculty members learn to teach? Learn to teach others?
- What is my teacher training experience going to be like?
- Will the teachers teach on or off the mat during the asana classes?
- What’s the primary curriculum focus on your school?
- If you had to describe the experience in one sentence, what would that be?
- Do you have 2 -3 students who I can email or call to hear about their experience?
- Is there someone I can talk to directly?