Costa Rica, June 30 - July 19, 2019
Scroll down for details and packages!
Where You’ll Be!
From the moment your adventure in Costa Rica begins, the slow peaceful vibe and the exquisite physical beauty of the country will take hold of you. Blessed with incredible natural biodiversity and friendly, genuine people, Costa Rica is one of the greatest eco-tourism destinations in the world, and the perfect location for deepening your yoga practice.
Your training takes place in the peaceful seaside town of Nosara, a world-class destination for surfing and eco-tourism. When you’re not in training, it will be easy for you to experience the magic of Costa Rica. Watching sea turtles lay their eggs, canopy zip-lining to getting face-to-face with exotic wildlife, or taking your first surfing or SUP (Stand-up Paddleboarding)…whatever you desire, it’s all just waiting for you!
Where You’ll Stay!
Perched on a hilltop and nestled among the lush Costa Rican Landscape and just a few minutes from the ocean, Bodhi Tree Yoga Resort is the perfect place to experience your teacher training. With gorgeous views, tasty gourmet cuisine, and a friendly helpful staff, you’ll feel completely supported and taken care of during your entire stay. When you’re not in yoga training, it’s easy for you to experience the magic of Costa Rica. Whether it’s watching sea turtles lay their eggs, canopy zip-lining to get face-to-face with exotic wildlife, or taking your first surfing or SUP (Stand-up Paddleboarding) lesson you’ll know you’ve found peaceful elegance at its best.
Of course, you always have the option to grab a juice or smoothie by the pool and do absolutely nothing at all, or take a short stroll to the beach for a refreshing swim in the ocean in one of the most beautiful, untouched places in the world.
Getting to Costa Rica
Once we receive your flight information, Awakened Life will coordinate your logistics with Bodhi Tree to/from Liberia airport only. Transportation (one way) from Liberia airport is about 2.5 hours. The cost for a transfer ranges from $40 to $150 depending on how many you share the ride with. Travel details will be provided after you register.
Participants flying into San Jose Airport (about 4.5 hours away), or participants flying into Costa Rica early for personal travel will need to arrange their own transportation to and from Bodhi Tree Yoga Resort.
Major Areas of Focus
Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice and cultivate awareness and embodiment.
- Explore your practice with expert cues on alignment, connecting with the subtle body, and working with where you are.
- Exposure to active vinyasa, slow flow vinyasa and restorative practices that integrates many styles and create your teaching repertoire.
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Cultivate a meditation practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic and Buddhist lineages.
- Find your unique yogic practice and lifestyle and integrate that into your daily spiritual life.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- Study differences in people and their anatomical structure to inform how to sequence and adjust with accurate touch and accessible language.
- Become intelligent in learning the relationship of yoga on the body’s nervous system.
- Introduction to elements of the subtle body, including chakras.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher. Practicing embodying the “seat of the teacher”.
- Learn the basics of weaving dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn basic elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students.
- Practice teaching in a way that is relatable and accessible.
- Begin learning how to give an effective and authentic dharma talk.
The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- Cultivate an authentic expression of who you are through self-observation.
- Understand the fundamentals of compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Find a sense of bravery and courage to express who you are with a “realness” that is uncommon in daily living and allows you to encourage that in others.
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Adjustments, Modifications, and Props:
Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Develop an “eye” as a teacher being able to see students for where they are.
- Self-observe the energetic quality of your touch and the practical alignment aspects to better serve your students in hands-on adjustments.
- Move beyond “one size fits all” adjustments to an understanding that is filled with compassion and wisdom.
- Dropping any hindrances on the use of props to integrate them with your teaching of several poses, modifications and variations.
Adjusting, and Leading Classes
- Create sequences, practice and lead classes with expert support and encouragement.
- Create innovative sequences that put basic tools in your toolbox for beginning teaching.
- Cultivate an ability to openly accept feedback and compassionately give to others.
- Letting go of teaching from where you are, to learn to teach where your students are.
- 5:45am to 9:00am: Practices, Meditation, Asana Class
- 9:00am to 10:15am: Breakfast & Break
- 10:15am to 1:15pm: Class Time
- 1:15pm to 3:30pm: Lunch Break (this can change!)
- 3:30pm to 6:30pm: Class Time
- 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Evening Sessions when offered
Keep in mind this a typical schedule but not necessarily the exact schedule every day. Each location has small variations based on sunrise times and other details.
Also, remember that your Teacher Training is an immersion in yoga teaching education! It’s a fun adventure and very exciting, and it’s also full and busy. Be prepared to study, learn, and have lots of fun!
PRICING PACKAGES & DISCOUNTS
Discounted prices are offered until dates listed or until the limited number of discounted spaces are filled, so sign up early to guarantee your spot at the best price!
Once you register and pay your deposit, your space in the training is secured. If you register without paying your deposit, we’ll hold your space for three (3) days. After that, your space is no longer guaranteed.
Payments are then split into 2 to 3 payments. Details will be arranged after you register. Payment in full is not required at registration.
- A detailed pre-work training program that allows you to begin your preparation and study from home, before you ever leave for your training.
- 20 days of life-changing training, with a full staff of World Class Master Teachers
- 20 days of delicious, fresh, healthy meals (19 breakfasts, 14 lunches, filtered water all day). Bodhi Tree can address any special dietary needs.
- Lush hilltop accommodations at a nourishing resort/retreat where you can enjoy all the healing it has to offer.
- Detoxification from your everyday routine, technology and all the things pulling you away from who you really are.
- A loving, like-minded community that is encouraging and accepting of you!
- Coaching, support and guidance from a staff of experts who have been trained by esteemed Masters in Yoga like Pattabhi Jois, BKS Iyengar, and many more. You’ll never learn from just one teacher. We consider this Yoga College!
- Free WiFi
- Review of your logistics and guidance on booking flights.
- Coordination and confirming of your airport transfers and extra nights. We’ll get you where you need to be safely and easily.
- Comprehensive Teacher Training Manual and Asana Workbook that will be a reference tool for years to come!
- The confidence to teach creative and intelligently sequenced classes with variety, insight and safety. You’ll never learn just one sequence with us!
- The technical ability to teach “off the mat” where you’ll be instructing and adjusting while you teach without the need for demonstrations. Considered an advanced way of teaching a yoga class, this will immediately set you apart from the competition!
What's Not Included:
- Dinners *range from $10 to $20
- Airport transfer(s)
- Extra nights
Costa Rica 200 Hour YTT
June 30, 2019 to July 19, 2019
|Prices are per person||
March 15, 2019
($500 USD Deposit)
March 15, 2019
($350 USD Deposit)
(you + 2 roommates, shared bathroom, A/C)
(you + 1 roommate, shared bathroom, A/C)
(private room and bathroom, A/C)
|Commuter* + meal plan||$2,995 USD||$3,995 USD|
|Only a deposit is required to hold your space. Full payment at registration is not required.
Payment schedules will be explained upon registration.
All deposits will have a 3.5% credit card processing fee added if you use a CC to pay your deposit.
Commuters MUST be on the meal plan, no exceptions