Panama 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
March 9-28, 2019
Scroll down for details and packages!
Where You’ll Be!
Nestled in the jungle and steps away from a secluded tropical beach, San Carlos, Panama is the perfect place for a yoga retreat or yoga teacher training. San Carlos is known for the diverse local beaches, quaint mountain towns where you can buy local art, or hike in a cloud forest to a waterfall. Enjoy the local cuisine, take a tour into Panama City to visit the famous Panama Canal, or spend some time exploring both the old city with its quaint cobbled stoned roads, and the new city with its new architecture.
Where You’ll Stay!
Your Yoga Teacher Training takes place at the beautiful and stunning Retreat Center, Istmo Yoga and Adventure retreat. Istmo is the Spanish word for isthmus or a small body of land connecting two larger bodies of land. When the Isthmus of Panama rose from the sea, it changed life on Earth in many countless ways. Today this bridge of life hosts an astonishing wealth of biodiversity and is the nexus of a multitude of connections- climatic, biological, and cultural- that link the globe. In this spirit, your yoga teacher training and Istmo Yoga and Adventure Retreat will help bridge connections and personal transformation for you.
Getting to Panama
We’ll help you with all the logistics details. First step, arrange to fly into the International Airport of Panama Tocumen Airport (PTY). Transportation to and from Tocumen airport is about 1.5 hours and a beautiful ride!
Airport transfer from the Airport to Istmo that leaves on Saturday, March 9th at 2:30pm is included in your tuition package. This means you’ll need to land by 1:00pm to get through the Airport and out in time. If you cannot arrange your flight for this departing transfer time, don’t worry, we can plan an affordable shared transfer for you!
Likewise, airport transfer from Istmo to Airport that leaves on Thursday March 28th at 10am is included in your tuition. Your flight would need to be arranged for after 1:30pm on that day. Again, if you cannot arrange your flight for this time, don’t worry, we can plan an affordable shared transfer!
Once you register, we’ll send you full details and help you every step of the way!
Major Areas of Focus
Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice and cultivate awareness and embodiment.
- Explore your practice with expert cues on alignment, connecting with the subtle body, and working with where you are.
- Exposure to active vinyasa, slow flow vinyasa and restorative practices that integrates many styles and create your teaching repertoire.
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Cultivate a meditation practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic and Buddhist lineages.
- Find your unique yogic practice and lifestyle and integrate that into your daily spiritual life.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- Study differences in people and their anatomical structure to inform how to sequence and adjust with accurate touch and accessible language.
- Become intelligent in learning the relationship of yoga on the body’s nervous system.
- Introduction to elements of the subtle body, including chakras.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher. Practicing embodying the “seat of the teacher”.
- Learn the basics of weaving dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn basic elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students.
- Practice teaching in a way that is relatable and accessible.
- Begin learning how to give an effective and authentic dharma talk.
The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- Cultivate an authentic expression of who you are through self-observation.
- Understand the fundamentals of compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Find a sense of bravery and courage to express who you are with a “realness” that is uncommon in daily living and allows you to encourage that in others.
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Adjustments, Modifications, and Props:
Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Develop an “eye” as a teacher being able to see students for where they are.
- Self-observe the energetic quality of your touch and the practical alignment aspects to better serve your students in hands-on adjustments.
- Move beyond “one size fits all” adjustments to an understanding that is filled with compassion and wisdom.
- Dropping any hindrances on the use of props to integrate them with your teaching of several poses, modifications and variations.
Adjusting, and Leading Classes
- Create sequences, practice and lead classes with expert support and encouragement.
- Create innovative sequences that put basic tools in your toolbox for beginning teaching.
- Cultivate an ability to openly accept feedback and compassionately give to others.
- Letting go of teaching from where you are, to learn to teach where your students are.
- 5:45am to 9:00am: Practices, Meditation, Asana Class
- 9:00am to 10:15am: Breakfast & Break
- 10:15am to 1:15pm: Class Time
- 1:15pm to 3:30pm: Lunch Break (this can change!)
- 3:30pm to 6:30pm: Class Time
- 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Evening Sessions when offered
Keep in mind this a typical schedule but not necessarily the exact schedule every day. Each location has small variations based on sunrise times and other details.
Also, remember that your Teacher Training is an immersion in yoga teaching education! It’s a fun adventure and very exciting, and it’s also full and busy. Be prepared to study, learn, and have lots of fun!
PRICING PACKAGES & DISCOUNTS
Discounted prices are offered until dates listed or until the limited number of discounted spaces are filled, so sign up early to guarantee your your spot at the best price!
Once you register and pay your deposit, your space in the training is secured. If you register without paying your deposit, we’ll hold your space for 3 days. After that, your space is no longer guaranteed.
Discounted pricing options require a larger initial deposit and faster payment schedule. Your payment schedule will be worked out after your register!
Dietary options available for everyone! Vegan, vegetarian, some raw, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- 20 days of life-changing training, with a full faculty of expert teachers
- 20 days delicious, fresh, healthy meals (19 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 16 dinners)
- Filtered water and tea all day
- Beachfront Accommodations at a nourishing eco-style resort/retreat where you can enjoy all the healing it has to offer.
- Detoxification from your everyday routine, technology and all the things pulling you away from who you really are.
- A loving, like-minded community that is encouraging and accepting of you!
- Coaching, support and guidance from a faculty of experts who have been trained by esteemed Masters in Yoga like Pattabhi Jois, BKS Iyengar, and many more. You’ll never learn from just one teacher. We consider this Yoga College!
- Free Wifi
- Review of your logistics and guidance on booking flights
- Coordination and confirming of your airport transfers and extra nights. We’ll get you where you need to be safely and easily at a low cost.
- Comprehensive Teacher Training Manual and Asana Workbook that will be a reference tool for years to come!
- The confidence to teach creative and intelligently sequenced classes with variety, insight and safety. You’ll never learn just one sequence with us!
- The technical ability to teach “off the mat” where you’ll be instructing and adjusting while you teach without the need for demonstrations. Considered an advanced way of teaching a yoga class, this will immediately set you apart from the competition!
What's Not Included:
- Airfare & airport transfer(s)
- Extra nights
- Lunches on Full days off and our Last Day
Panama 200 Hour YTT
March 9-28, 2019
Bungalow Double Room
Distant Picture of Bungalow
Bungalow Dorm Room
Porch on Each Bungalow
Stunning Bathroom in Each Room
All Rooms are Separate Bungalows
($1,000 USD Deposit)
($350 USD Deposit)
|Shared AC Room (4 to 5 people)
Sweet Eco-Style Room with Separate Twin / Bunk Beds and a shared Private Bathroom
|Shared AC Room (2 people)
Spacious Bungalow-Style Room with Separate Twin Beds and a shared Private Bathroom
|Contact Awakened Life for Limited Single Rooms.
All deposits are credited toward your tuition balance. Only a deposit is required to hold your space. Full payment at registration is not required. Payment schedules will be explained upon registration. All deposits will have a 3% credit card processing fee added if you use a CC to pay your deposit.