200HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
The start of your teaching journey
Love yoga? Want to deepen your practice? Are you considering teaching?
Or are you in a life transition, and wondering what comes next? If so, our Yoga Alliance-certified 200-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training is for you!
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is our Foundational Training – Part 1
During your training, you’ll be in good hands – our faculty has over 70 years of combined experience teaching yoga, and over 50 years leading teacher trainings across the globe, including the United States, Bali, Dubai, Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan. Completing this training will lead you to a deeper understanding of your own practice and prepare you to confidently teach yoga to others.
You’ll learn to teach Active Vinyasa Flow, Slow Flow, and Restorative classes. You’ll be introduced to elements of popular styles including traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, Yin, and Vinyasa Flow. And you’ll learn a proven system for integrating elements from these and other traditions into an intelligent and cohesive style that is authentically yours.
You’ll study with fun-loving yogis from all over the world, under the guidance of five expert faculty members. You’ll practice in an environment of warmth, love, and encouragement, supported by the faculty, your fellow students, and the peaceful vibe of Bali, Costa Rica and Greece. Along the way you’ll develop more confidence and grace, both on the mat and in your life.
One of the hallmarks of your training is the innovative approach to self-awareness and personal transformation for which Awakened Life School of Yoga has become known. Grounded in the timeless wisdom of yogic and Buddhist teachings and at the same time refreshingly contemporary, this aspect of your training will lead you on a deep, transformational journey of self-exploration. It will touch your soul and forever change the trajectory of your life.
At the end of your training, you’ll be transformed – more uniquely, authentically, and beautifully YOU. And you’ll have a yoga family that extends around the globe and supports you as you continue your journey through life. You’ll be amazed at how much your practice deepens, how much you learn, and how much you grow.
In the 200HR course we'll cover the fundamentals of:
Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice and cultivate awareness and embodiment.
- Explore your practice with expert cues on alignment, connecting with the subtle body, and working with where you are.
- Exposure to active vinyasa, slow flow vinyasa and restorative practices that integrates many styles and create your teaching repertoire.
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Cultivate a meditation practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic and Buddhist lineages.
- Find your unique yogic practice and lifestyle and integrate that into your daily spiritual life.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- Study differences in people and their anatomical structure to inform how to sequence and adjust with accurate touch and accessible language.
- Become intelligent in learning the relationship of yoga on the body’s nervous system.
- Introduction to elements of the subtle body, including chakras.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher. Practicing embodying the “seat of the teacher”.
- Learn the basics of weaving dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn basic elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students.
- Practice teaching in a way that is relatable and accessible.
- Begin learning how to give an effective and authentic dharma talk.
The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- Cultivate an authentic expression of who you are through self-observation.
- Understand the fundamentals of compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Find a sense of bravery and courage to express who you are with a “realness” that is uncommon in daily living and allows you to encourage that in others.
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Adjustments, Modifications, and Props:
Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Develop an “eye” as a teacher being able to see students for where they are.
- Self-observe the energetic quality of your touch and the practical alignment aspects to better serve your students in hands-on adjustments.
- Move beyond “one size fits all” adjustments to an understanding that is filled with compassion and wisdom.
- Dropping any hindrances on the use of props to integrate them with your teaching of several poses, modifications and variations.
Adjusting, and Leading Classes
- Create sequences, practice and lead classes with expert support and encouragement.
- Create innovative sequences that put basic tools in your toolbox for beginning teaching.
- Cultivate an ability to openly accept feedback and compassionately give to others.
- Letting go of teaching from where you are, to learn to teach where your students are.
Curious about what our training actually looks like?
Take a look at the video below for a glimpse into one of our trainings. It’s more than just a teacher training, it’s a life changing experience.