1. Will I be advanced enough? It’s not uncommon for people to think they have to be advanced to join a Teacher Training program. Although that may be true for many programs, this isn’t the case at Awakened Life. We run our courses at “all levels” so people can participate and be appropriately challenged at any level. Whether you’re a beginner or you’ve practiced for a while, our program will offer challenges and development opportunities at any stage in your yoga practice and career.
2. I can’t do a headstand yet, is that okay? We don’t require you to be able to do any inversion, or any particular pose, prior to coming to training. It’s okay to be where you’re at in your practice. You don’t have to be an advanced practitioner or an inversions expert to come and learn, to deepen your practice, and learn to teach others!
3. I do power yoga, is that what I’ll learn? In our program, you’ll be certified as a “Vinyasa” Yoga Teacher. Within that certification you will learn to teach Active Vinyasa (often referred to as Power Vinyasa), Slow Flow Vinyasa (a gentler, active style) and restorative yoga (a relaxing style). You’ll also learn a few meditation practices and
how to teach them, pranayama practices and how to teach them, and Yoga Nidra practices.
4. I’m not really interested in teaching, why would I come to a Teacher Training? People come to a Yoga Teacher Training for many different reasons. Some come to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga, some come to retreat, reflect and restore a part of themselves, and others come with the intention to teach. Regardless of the initial intention, all leave with the skills and capabilities to teach! Then the choice is yours – to teach or not!
5. I’m worried I’m too young, too old, not fit enough, or something else! Whoever you are, however old or young you are, there is a place for you. As people, we almost all tend to think that somehow we won’t fit it. That’s just not the case at our programs. We’ve had people from all over the world, from every age group (from 18 to mid-60s), to varying fitness levels, to different languages, food requirements, all sizes, and shapes. You are good enough no matter who you are and you are welcome with us!
We can’t wait to meet you!