Where You’ll Be!
From the moment your adventure in Costa Rica begins, the slow peaceful vibe and the exquisite physical beauty of the country will take hold of you. Blessed with incredible natural biodiversity and friendly, genuine people, Costa Rica is one of the greatest eco-tourism destinations in the world, and the perfect location for deepening your yoga practice.
Your training takes place in the peaceful seaside town of Nosara, a world-class destination for surfing and eco-tourism. When you’re not in training, it will be easy for you to experience the magic of Costa Rica. Watching sea turtles lay their eggs, getting face-to-face with exotic wildlife while floating a kayak down a lazy river, or taking your first surfing or paddle boarding lessons…whatever you desire, it’s all just waiting for you!
Where You’ll Stay!
Perched on a hilltop overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Blue Spirit Retreat Center is the perfect place to experience your teacher training. With gorgeous views, tasty gourmet cuisine, and a friendly helpful staff, you’ll feel completely supported and taken care of. The entire time, you’re just a short walk away from a stunning, 3-mile long, sandy white beach.
When you’re not in training, you can relax at the salt-water infinity pool, indulge in a spa treatment, or take advantage of the many excursions that Blue Spirit can graciously arrange for you. Blue Spirit is truly "peaceful elegance at its best," as it’s described on TripAdvisor and rated one of the Top Ten Yoga Retreats by Yoga Journal!
Getting to Costa Rica
Fly into Costa Rica’s Liberia Airport
Awakened Life will coordinate airport transfers to / from Liberia airport only. Transportation to and from Liberia airport is about 2 hours. The cost starts at $60 per person for a shared ride that is paid directly to Blue Spirit Resort upon check-out.
Participants flying into San Jose Airport (about 4.5 hours away), or participants flying into Costa Rica early for personal travel will arrange their own transportation to and from Blue Spirit.
We'll send you full travel details once you register!
Major Areas of Focus
Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Deepen and refine your own yoga practice and find new levels of awareness and embodiment.
- Explore your practice with expert cues on alignment, connecting with the subtle body, and working with advanced variations.
- Exposure to a variety of styles and forms of practice beyond vinyasa that will expand the breadth of your knowledge and make you a truly an “advanced” teacher.
- Dive deeper into the Yogic practices including Kriyas, Pranayama, and Restorative practices.
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Raise the octave of your meditation practices by regular and guided practice, the exploration of varying styles, and learning accurate instruction that draws on ancient yogic and Buddhist lineages.
- Find more meaningful and embodied ways to embed your yogic practice and lifestyle into your daily spiritual life.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Further expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through intensive Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment, how to cue this with ease and refinement, and learn effective modifications.
- Deeply study differences in people and their anatomical structure to further inform how to sequence with elevated intelligence, adjust with accurate touch, and cue with accessible language.
- Take a deeper dive into how the asana practice impacts our physiological systems, while also expanding wisdom of the spiritual elements on our physical being.
- Become more intelligent in learning the relationships of yoga on the body’s various systems, with emphasis on the nervous system.
- Go beyond the basics of chakras and nadis to learn of the subtle body.
Making the Transition from Teacher to Advanced Teacher
- Advance your cueing and language that transcends the “every day” teaching langue to reflect wisdom, accuracy, clarity and precision.
- Rapidly expand your repertoire of cues that is informed with advanced levels of dharma, philosophy and anatomy.
- Practical refinement of teaching qualities that includes your presence, style, energetic being, sense of space and overall awareness.
- Undo habitual teaching patterns that do not serve you and replace with more present awareness.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move and be present in your classes.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students that is honest, truthful and vulnerable.
- Practice teaching philosophy as a woven element in your sequences that is relatable and accessible.
- Find greater ease in transmitting embodied dharma talks to your students with vulnerability and truthfulness.
The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- Creating a grounded and intelligent inner structure as a person and teacher that allows an authentic experience of who you are.
- Raise the octave of understanding compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Become deeply embodied in your yogic, spiritual practices that goes beyond the mat.
- Find a sense of bravery and courage to express who you are with a “realness” that is uncommon in daily living and allows you to encourage that in others.
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study sound and practical elements of business and operationalize your career path.
- Set clear and identifiable steps to your career aspirations that include higher levels of business acumen and wisdom.
Adjustments, Modifications, and Props:
Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Further advance your “eye” as a teacher being able to see beyond the obvious to more subtle levels.
- Self-observe the energetic quality of your touch and the practical alignment aspects to better serve your students in hands-on adjustments.
- Move beyond “one size fits all” adjustments to an understanding that is filled with compassion and wisdom.
- Dropping any hindrances on the use of props to integrate them with your teaching of several poses, modifications and variations.
- Take your teaching to the next level with intense practice, practice and more practice!
- Create innovative sequences that breakthrough old habits and find new forms and levels in your teaching repertoire.
- Learning to fully engage your class both at an individual level and at a group level, holding space for each person and where they are at.
- Letting go of teaching from where you are, to learn to teach where your students are.
- 5:45am to 9:00am: Practices, Meditation, Asana Class
- 9:00am to 10:15am: Breakfast & Break
- 10:15am to 1:15pm: Class Time
- 1:15pm to 3:30pm: Lunch Break (this can change!)
- 3:30pm to 6:30pm: Class Time
- 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Evening Sessions when offered
Keep in mind this a typical schedule but not necessarily the exact schedule every day. Each location has small variations based on sunrise times and other details.
Also, remember that your Teacher Training is an immersion in yoga teaching education! It’s a fun adventure and very exciting, and it’s also full and busy. Be prepared to study, learn, and have lots of fun!
PRICING PACKAGES & DISCOUNTS
Discounted prices are offered until dates listed or until the limited number of discounted spaces are filled, so sign up early to guarantee your your spot at the best price!
Once you register and pay your deposit, your space in the training is secured. If you register without paying your deposit, we’ll hold your space for 3 days. After that, your space is no longer guaranteed!
Discounted pricing options require a larger initial deposit and faster payment schedule. Your payment schedule will be worked out after your register!
Dietary options available for everyone! Vegan, vegetarian, fish/chicken, some raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free.
- 26 days of life-changing training, with a full faculty of expert teachers
- 26 days of delicious, fresh, healthy meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Filtered water and tea all day
- Your training manual and other materials
- Coordination of your airport transfers and extra nights
- Graduation celebration dinner
What's Not Included:
- Airfare & airport transfer
- Extra nights
($350 USD Deposit)
($350 USD Deposit)
|Eco Cottage Double|
you + one roommate, shared bathroom
|$5,995 USD||$6,995 USD|
Hotel-style room with A/C in the main building for you + one roommate, shared bathroom
|$7,495 USD||$7,895 USD|
|Nature Suite Double|
Private bungalow with A/C, shared bathroom, and enclosed outdoor shower for you + one roommate
|$8,495 USD||$8,995 USD|
Private hotel-style room with A/C and private bathroom in the main building
|$8,495 USD||$8,895 USD|
|Nature Suite Single|
Private bungalow with A/C, private bathroom, and enclosed outdoor shower
|$8,995 USD||$9,995 USD|