500HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
46 days of life-changing, deeply revitalizing yoga immersion!
Our Yoga Alliance-certified 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is our Complete Training – 200 hours of Foundational Training immediately followed by 300 hours of Advanced Training. 46 days long and deeply transformative, this training is for people who would like to take a deeper dive than the three-week, 200-hour Foundational Training allows. It will change your life in ways you could never imagine.
The 500-Hour Complete Training is offered twice per year, once in Bali and once in Costa Rica. Your training takes place in a warm and supportive environment and is led by five teachers with decades of combined experience leading teacher trainings. Light on lecture and heavy on hands-on work, experiential exercises, and personal exploration, your training will take you into a deeper, more nuanced understanding of what it means to practice, teach, and live yoga.
In addition, you’ll benefit from the innovative approach to philosophy, self-awareness, and personal transformation for which Awakened Life School of Yoga has become known. Your philosophy and personal transformation coursework is firmly grounded in the essential wisdom of yogic and Buddhist teachings, and at the same time, is refreshingly contemporary and relevant to today’s world. It will leave you with a healthier appreciation for your own innate beauty and wisdom, and it will give you practical tools for living a rich, full life.
The 500-Hour Complete Training is an intense, challenging, and rewarding experience. When it’s done you’ll be amazingly well-prepared to teach, and your body, mind, and spirit will all be transformed.
In the 500HR course we'll cover the fundamentals of:
Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice and cultivate awareness and embodiment.
- Explore your practice with expert cues on alignment, connecting with the subtle body, and working with where you are.
- Exposure to active vinyasa, slow flow vinyasa and restorative practices that integrates many styles along with forms of practice beyond vinyasa that will expand the breadth of your knowledge and make you a truly an “advanced” teacher.
- Dive deeper into the Yogic practices including Kriyas, Pranayama, and Restorative practices.
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Cultivate a sustainable meditation practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic and Buddhist lineages.
- Find your unique yogic practice and integrate that into your daily spiritual life and creates a yogic lifestyle.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- Deeply study differences in people and their anatomical structure to further inform how to sequence with elevated intelligence, adjust with accurate touch, and cue with accessible language.
- Take a deeper dive into how the asana practice impacts our physiological systems, while also expanding wisdom of the spiritual elements on our physical being.
- Explore many elements of the subtle body.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher. Practicing embodying the “seat of the teacher”.
- Advance your cueing and language that transcends the “every day” teaching langue to reflect wisdom, accuracy, clarity and precision.
- Practical refinement of teaching qualities that includes your presence, style, energetic being, sense of space and overall awareness.
- Learn effective ways to weave dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students that is honest, truthful and vulnerable.
- Practice teaching philosophy as a woven element in your sequences that is relatable and accessible.
- Learn basic elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students.
- Practice teaching in a way that is relatable and accessible.
- Begin learning how to give an effective and authentic dharma talk.
The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- Cultivate an authentic expression of who you are through self-observation.
- Understand the fundamentals of compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Creating a grounded and intelligent inner structure as a person and teacher that allows an authentic experience of who you are.
- Raise the octave of understanding compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Become deeply embodied in your yogic, spiritual practices that goes beyond the mat.
- Find a sense of bravery and courage to express who you are with a “realness” that is uncommon in daily living and allows you to encourage that in others.
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Adjustments, Modifications, and Props:
Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Develop an “eye” as a teacher being able to see students for where they are.
- Self-observe the energetic quality of your touch and the practical alignment aspects to better serve your students in hands-on adjustments.
- Move beyond “one size fits all” adjustments to an understanding that is filled with compassion and wisdom.
- Dropping any hindrances on the use of props to integrate them with your teaching of several poses, modifications and variations.
Adjusting, and Leading Classes
- Create encouraging and innovative sequences classes with expert support and guidance.
- Cultivate an ability to openly accept feedback and compassionately give to others. Create innovative sequences that breakthrough old habits and find new forms and levels in your teaching repertoire.
- Learning to fully engage your class both at an individual level and at a group level, holding space for each person and where they are at.
- Letting go of teaching from where you are, to learn to teach where your students are.
Curious about what our training actually looks like?
Take a look at the video below for a glimpse into one of our trainings. It’s more than just a teacher training, it’s a life changing experience.