Where You’ll Be!
From the moment you step foot on the ground in Bali, you’ll be surrounded by exquisite beauty and the warmth and graciousness of its people. Bali’s tranquil vibe, slower pace of life, and awe-inspiring landscapes and seascapes make it a perfect location for your yoga teacher training experience.
Your training takes place in a quiet seaside town in East Bali, a world-class destination for snorkeling and diving. Here, nestled on a peaceful, reef-protected lagoon of the Indian Ocean, you will experience a peaceful glimpse into Balinese culture. You will be blissfully removed from the crowds of Bali’s tourist-focused cities, while still being close enough to explore the island in your free time.
Where You’ll Stay!
Your training takes place at an unbelievably beautiful and peaceful oceanside resort that's described as "staggeringly gorgeous" on TripAdvisor, and "Best in Class' by Frommers. From the breathtaking ocean views to the spacious well-appointed bungalows to the gracious and attentive staff, you’ll feel relaxed and cared for your entire trip.
When you’re not in training, you can relax in the ocean or the pool, or explore the local scenery and culture. The resort amenities include a full spa, on-site restaurants serving both traditional Balinese and Western food, and a lovely outside bar. Contact us for the specific resort name and details!
Getting to Bali
Fly into Bali Denpasar Airport (DPS)
If this is your first time to Bali, don't worry - you won't be alone planning your trip! We'll work with you to help make sure it all works smoothly.
Transportation to the Resort is about 1.5 hours. We will coordinate your transfer for you, or you can handle it on your own. Transfers cost $65 USD each way, per person. We highly recommend that you allow us to book your transfer from the airport to the resort! This helps ensure that there are no surprises, and that you arrive to the resort on time, as planned! Training starts by 1:00pm for most programs.
We'll send you full travel details once you register!
Major Areas of Focus
Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Create deeper awareness of your own yoga practice and cultivate awareness and embodiment.
- Explore your practice with expert cues on alignment, connecting with the subtle body, and working with where you are.
- Exposure to active vinyasa, slow flow vinyasa and restorative practices that integrates many styles along with forms of practice beyond vinyasa that will expand the breadth of your knowledge and make you a truly an “advanced” teacher.
- Dive deeper into the Yogic practices including Kriyas, Pranayama, and Restorative practices.
- Analyze several poses including asana benefits, alignment, contraindications, variations and modifications.
- Cultivate a sustainable meditation practice with expert guidance that draws on ancient yogic and Buddhist lineages.
- Find your unique yogic practice and integrate that into your daily spiritual life and creates a yogic lifestyle.
Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind:
Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Expand your knowledge and wisdom of the body through Anatomy & Physiology study.
- Directly relate how anatomy affects asana alignment and how to cue this with ease.
- Deeply study differences in people and their anatomical structure to further inform how to sequence with elevated intelligence, adjust with accurate touch, and cue with accessible language.
- Take a deeper dive into how the asana practice impacts our physiological systems, while also expanding wisdom of the spiritual elements on our physical being.
- Explore many elements of the subtle body.
Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Develop skills in cueing and language that reflects simplicity and precision.
- Learn to hold space and cultivate present awareness as a teacher. Practicing embodying the “seat of the teacher”.
- Advance your cueing and language that transcends the “every day” teaching langue to reflect wisdom, accuracy, clarity and precision.
- Practical refinement of teaching qualities that includes your presence, style, energetic being, sense of space and overall awareness.
- Learn effective ways to weave dharma and philosophy into a yoga class.
- Learn to teach “off the mat” so you can move, adjust and be present in your classes.
- Find ways to integrate music to enhance your class experience.
Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind:
Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Demystify dharma and yogic philosophy to gain personal experience with the subject matter and find ways to live it naturally.
- Learn elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students that is honest, truthful and vulnerable.
- Practice teaching philosophy as a woven element in your sequences that is relatable and accessible.
- Learn basic elements of authentic transmission of this wisdom to your students.
- Practice teaching in a way that is relatable and accessible.
- Begin learning how to give an effective and authentic dharma talk.
The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- Cultivate an authentic expression of who you are through self-observation.
- Understand the fundamentals of compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Creating a grounded and intelligent inner structure as a person and teacher that allows an authentic experience of who you are.
- Raise the octave of understanding compassion, empathy and honesty in your life and your teaching.
- Become deeply embodied in your yogic, spiritual practices that goes beyond the mat.
- Find a sense of bravery and courage to express who you are with a “realness” that is uncommon in daily living and allows you to encourage that in others.
The Business of Yoga:
Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Explore the fears and discomforts of the “business” side of yoga and money.
- Uncover your personal obstacles with abundance and breakthrough to live your life more fully.
- Study the basics of business acumen in the yoga world and how to set your career path with identifiable steps.
Adjustments, Modifications, and Props:
Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Develop an “eye” as a teacher being able to see students for where they are.
- Self-observe the energetic quality of your touch and the practical alignment aspects to better serve your students in hands-on adjustments.
- Move beyond “one size fits all” adjustments to an understanding that is filled with compassion and wisdom.
- Dropping any hindrances on the use of props to integrate them with your teaching of several poses, modifications and variations.
Adjusting, and Leading Classes
- Create encouraging and innovative sequences classes with expert support and guidance.
- Cultivate an ability to openly accept feedback and compassionately give to others. Create innovative sequences that breakthrough old habits and find new forms and levels in your teaching repertoire.
- Learning to fully engage your class both at an individual level and at a group level, holding space for each person and where they are at.
- Letting go of teaching from where you are, to learn to teach where your students are.
- 5:45am to 9:00am: Practices, Meditation, Asana Class
- 9:00am to 10:15am: Breakfast & Break
- 10:15am to 1:15pm: Class Time
- 1:15pm to 3:30pm: Lunch Break (this can change!)
- 3:30pm to 6:30pm: Class Time
- 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Evening Sessions when offered
Keep in mind this a typical schedule but not necessarily the exact schedule every day. Each location has small variations based on sunrise times and other details.
Also, remember that your Teacher Training is an immersion in yoga teaching education! It’s a fun adventure and very exciting, and it’s also full and busy. Be prepared to study, learn, and have lots of fun!
PRICING PACKAGES & DISCOUNTS
Discounted prices are offered until dates listed or until the limited number of discounted spaces are filled, so sign up early to guarantee your your spot at the best price!
Once you register and pay your deposit, your space in the training is secured. If you register without paying your deposit, we’ll hold your space for 3 days. After that, your space is no longer guaranteed!
Discounted pricing options require a larger initial deposit and faster payment schedule. Your payment schedule will be worked out after your register!
Dietary options available for everyone! Vegan, vegetarian, fish/chicken, some raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free.
- 46 days of life-changing training, with a full faculty of expert teachers
- 46 days of delicious, fresh, healthy meals (morning coffee, tea, and fruit; breakfast; lunch; afternoon tea)
- Filtered water and tea all day
- Your training manual and other materials
- One massage
- One group cultural excursion
- Coordination of your airport transfers and extra nights
- Graduation celebration dinner
What's Not Included:
- Airfare & airport transfer
- Extra nights
- Lunch on full days off
* Average meal costs are $3 to $5 USD
($500 USD Deposit)
($350 USD Deposit)
(you + 2 roommates, shared bathroom, A/C)
(you + 1 roommate, shared bathroom, A/C)
(private room and bathroom, A/C)
|All deposits are credited toward your tuition balance.|